Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Still Enjoying My Trip

Hey! I'm still enjoying my stay in Cusco, Peru and meeting lots of cool people. There are people from Holland, Germany, Korea, Brazil, France, Switzerland, and only a few Americans. It's pretty cool how we all get along and usually hang out with a different group every night for dinner.
Teaching has been a great experience as well! I've been helping the students a lot with math and also correcting their papers. It's probably weird for them to have an English speaking person correcting their Spanish, but I'm a lot better at reading and writing Spanish than speaking it so it works. The students are very curious about English and about my family. They are very smart and love to ask questions. The last couple days I've been talking more in Spanish and am kinda remembering some things from my classes in college. I need to stop worrying about trying to speak Spanish perfectly and just SPEAK! 
This weekend I might be going to some ruins in Sacred Valley and then go to Machu Picchu on my last weekend (saving the best for last). I'm sooo excited!
Hope all is well with everyone! Thanks for all your posts on my blog and for your prayers!  

1 comment:

  1. That all sound great!! We are so happy you are having a great experience. I am sure you will have lots of stories to tell when you get home. We will be anxiously waiting!! Love you and thanks for the posts!! Will be praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete